Click on any title to jump down:
ID: BR INSTL MGR - CABranch Installation Manager
Branch Installation / Construction Manager – Mechanical HVAC Controls
This position is located in San Francisco, CA
Our client is a world class employer. They are a global market leader in Building Efficiency and Energy Solutions with over 100,000 employees in 100 countries. Their global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected and buildings more intelligent and efficient.
We are currently seeking a qualified applicant for a Branch Installation Project Manager to be on the front line responsible for project delivery, estimating and financial management of HVAC Controls Installation Projects. In this role you will be determining optimum resource levels needed to meet schedule milestones and monitoring workforce levels. You have your hand on the project pulse at all times, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to performance of work. You will be responsible for implementing site safety and security procedures and will play an active role in developing the safety program.
- Work collaboratively to establish and maintain local market dominance.
- Perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management activities.
- Ensure projects are properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract.
- Plan, schedule and control project activities; maintain positive cash flow.
- Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer and contractor relationships.
- Interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Manage the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Communicate project status to Area General Manager, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin
- Actively pursue additional business through change orders; perform associated cost estimates, prepare proposals and negotiate final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts; foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal guidelines.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
- Adhere to all the company's customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all employees and worksite-based subcontractors.
- Manage a team of 5 - 6 people.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture preferred.
- 8 years progressively responsible management experience, preferably in building construction or operations.
- Must have experience in knowledge of HVAC/Controls/Equipment, Project Management, P&L, Budgeting, Forecasting, Operations Management
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with project management software and financial accounting systems.
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
- Travel to job sites and to meet with customer's within the SF Bay area. Occasional travel outside of the assigned territory.
Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package. Company vehicle program.
ID: CON MGR TXConstruction Manager Design Build Energy Solution
Construction Manager - Design Build/Energy Solutions
This position can be located in either Dallas or Houston TX
OUR Client is seeking a Construction Manager to join our Design-Build Engineering / Energy Solutions Team in Dallas or Houston, Texas. We are looking for a reliable Construction Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction tasks to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on a daily basis
- Create and update construction schedules
- Conduct regular jobsite meetings with trades and facility staff
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Prepare progress billing for each project
- Coordinate with clients and facility staff to update project status and schedule, facilitate site access and shutdowns, clarify project scope, etc.
- May be required to handle multiple projects and proposals simultaneously
- This position will be based out of Houston or Dallas, Texas office and jobsites may be located throughout Texas
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant codes, rules, regulations, permitting processes and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent leadership, and time and project management skills
- Ability to multi task between several different projects and proposals
- Willingness to travel throughout Texas and to stay at jobsites for extended periods as needed
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in construction management in either a design build or ESCO or Turn key solutions company!!!
Excellent base salary and bonus. Comprehensive benefits package!
Please send your resume for confidential consideration! Information will not be released with your prior consent.
ID: CS- NJConstruction Superintendent
Construction Superintendent - Northern New Jersey Region
Are you a Superintendent professional looking for your next challenge? Would you like to help lead the successful project team of a top 400 ENR firm with over 125 years in the construction business as we expand in the New Jersey Region? This award winning Mid-Atlantic based construction company is seeking a highly experienced and committed professional to join our team as a Superintendent. This position is based in the Northern New Jersey Area.
You'll partner with the Project Manager and/or a Sr. Superintendent to help lead a large project team in the construction of several projects in the New Jersey market. We are looking for someone with strong project experience in Healthcare, Senior Living, and Education (Higher Education, Universities, Private Schools).
Primary responsibility for the supervision of all field staff, subcontractors, vendors and activities in order to successfully complete a single project of varying complexity. Work with the Project Team to produce a quality product on time, within the project budget, complying with safety standards and exceeding customer’s expectations.
- Review contract documents and work with the project team in order to prepare bid proposals and attend bid presentations as needed.
- Assist the SPM/PM and estimating team with the preparation of scopes of work for the various disciplines.
- Assist the project team and estimating with the preparation of project schedules and site logistics plans.
- Review contract documents and provide guidance on constructability issues.
- Assist the project team as needed to obtain permits from the local municipal authority.
- Provide guidance, leadership and direction for other superintendents, assistant superintendents, project engineers and other subordinate site staff.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling and coordination of all work to be done on a given project.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman for the various trades to discuss the progress of the work, the project schedule, safety and upcoming activities.
- Assist the SPM/PM/Scheduler with monthly updates to the Master Schedule.
- Conduct regular quality control inspections and make sure that all work is done in accordance with industry and the company standards.
- Prepare and distribute punch lists for incomplete or deficient work and have all deficient work corrected prior to the final inspection by the project architect or other consultants.
- Prepare detailed weekly look ahead schedules that include the work of all trades that will perform work.
- Monitor work for adherence to plans and specifications, contractual requirements, code compliance and compliance with accepted industry and the company standards.
- Coordinate with the project team to effectively manage scope changes and provide direction to field forces in order to incorporate these changes.
- Maintain a current set of contract documents at the project site that includes all revised drawings, specifications, addendums, sketches, etc.
- Assist the project team with the evaluation of cost and schedule impacts of project revisions and ensure that proper documentation is completed to memorialize scope changes with our client and subcontractors.
- Work with the project team to schedule and coordinate the delivery of equipment and materials needed for the project.
- Assist the project team with the verification of additional work performed by our subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with representatives of clients, local sub-code officials and design consultants. Provide leadership in order to maintain harmonious labor relations among job site personnel.
- Prepare and submit daily reports using CMIC software that shows all work performed onsite. This report shall include information related to construction delays, milestones achieved and the weather.
- Maintain a sketch book at the site that includes all sketches issued by the design consultants.
- Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings showing project revisions, sketches and notes.
- Assume responsibility to enforce safe work practices by all subcontractors and workers at the jobsite and ensure that all work is performed in a manner to meet or exceed OSHA and the company safety standards.
- Work with the company Safety professionals to establish Site Specific Safety Plans.
- Conduct safety orientations for new workers in order to discuss site specific safety concerns and enhance safety awareness.
- Conduct bi-monthly safety inspections of the work site and forward safety inspection reports to the Project Manager, Director of Safety and the VPFO.
- Conduct daily safety inspections of the work site to identify unsafe conditions and behaviors and take immediate action to remediate these conditions.
- Conduct Pre-Installation/Pre-Planning meetings for high risk activities with the trades that will be performing the work and share this knowledge with all workers that are working in areas that could be affected by this work.
- Maintain project safety files at the site that include subcontractor safety programs, MSDS’, a hazard communication plan, tool box meeting minutes and pre-planning/JSA minutes for high risk activities.
- Immediately notify the Director of Safety and the VPFO of any lost time accidents or incidents involving the company or any other project personnel and initiate an investigation by interviewing witnesses and reviewing conditions at the scene of the incident. Submit required reports as directed by the Director of Safety.
B.S. degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent field experience.
A minimum of 2-5 years of field construction experience in a supervisory capacity on projects ranging from to million.
Ability to read and understand contract drawings and specifications
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and Word
Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives
Ability to work on multiple projects and travel as necessary
Ability to perform work at elevations above ground level
A current, valid driver’s license
Excellent base salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!
ID: CM-BMAManager of Construction -Energy -
Manager of Construction - (Energy Solutions) - Boston Ma or may be remote depending on location!!!
Our client is a growth company. They also do all they can to give people the chance to grow. Their employees enjoy working at a place that offers great advancement opportunities, training, benefits and more. You'll be challenged to innovate, encouraged to apply your knowledge and well-rewarded for results.
Our client is a leader in building efficiency and Energy solutions across the US. They design and installs utility conservation solutions including water conservation, steam system and waste disposal; for institutional, federal, industrial, and commercial facilities.
The Manager of Construction will directly manage the company’s Project Managers and Project Administrators whose responsibilities include project planning and scheduling, contract/change order management and cost accounting, design reviews and preparation of RFPs, interacting with clients, directing subcontractors and project documentation for an individual installation contract or a series of contracts and is responsible for customer satisfaction and the profit and loss for each contract.
§ Directly manages the construction delivery team consisting of Project Managers and Project Administrators
§ Directly manages construction of high profile projects as required.
§ Assigns projects and tasks among construction delivery employees based on manpower loading, employee expertise, etc.
§ Evaluates and plans for manpower loading and staff reorganizations and/or adjustments commensurate with company direction
§ Manages and reports on entire construction portfolio for certain key metrics including schedule, financial and customer service performance.
§ Manages staff to compliance with company standards including use of company-sanctioned processes and tools, ethics and standards of conduct.
§ Consistently evaluates the construction delivery processes and introduces and advocates process enhancements and tools
§ Works with Engineering and Business Development management peers to technically develop conservation projects and may directly support Business Development staff at client meetings and client site visits.
§ Negotiates the company’s transaction documents (e.g. subcontracts and purchase orders) with subcontractors and vendors
§ Provides QA/QC on certain key process documents issued by staff including contract scopes of work, close out documents and reports, key customer communication, etc.
§ Helps construction delivery employees to identify construction project issues and gets personally involved in resolving these issues as appropriate.
§ Works to develop relationships with key vendors and suppliers as well as other firms which may engage with the company during the development of projects.
§ Performs accurate cost at completion forecasts, cash flow analysis, and earned value analysis.
§ 40-50% estimated travel
§ Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager for construction contracts, design build, or equivalent utilities and/or infrastructure contracting. Proven experience with concurrent projects up to million size range.
§ Experience in the direct supervision of three or more construction management professionals with department/business unit accountability.
§ Management Skills and qualities including: effective delegation and follow-through, productive involvement in business meetings including chairing the meetings, effective development and delivery of presentations to a wide range of audiences, ability to firmly grasp the larger picture and organize accordingly, etc.
§ BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, with strong knowledge of buildings systems, e.g.
§ Proven project management track record, utility/infrastructure or Performance Contracting experience desired.
§ Contracting business experience required including a demonstrated proficiency in contract law, standard construction documentation protocols, etc.
§ Experience in managing and reporting multi-project portfolios with all relevant measurements – including revenue/earned value analysis, cash flow, schedule, customer satisfaction.
§ Demonstrated excellence in the areas of written and oral communication
§ Intermediate-Expert skills in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
§ Ability to read and analyze technical specifications and drawings, AutoCAD experience preferred.
§ Ability to function in a team environment.
Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point),
project manager, project management, PM, Sr. PM, construction manager, site manager, assistant project manager, building automation systems, water conservation, energy management systems, EMS, controls, upgrades, retrofitting, renovations, General Contracting,
For More information or Confidential Consideration on this opening or other nationwide openings, please send resume to Mark Dillon at email@example.com
ID: PM -HVAC DEProject Manager - Energy Services/HVAC
PROJECT MANAGER - ENERGY SERVICES/HVAC
This position is located in the Willmington/New Castle, DE area
Our client, a very well-established HVAC Commercial Contractor that has been in business for over 50 years! The right individual will have the personality to be team player, the company is customer focused where professionals work as a team to profitability of the company.
As the Energy Services Project Manager, you will provide exceptional customer service and quality to internal and external customers on Energy Services (ES) and Turnkey projects. The project manager is responsible for planning, managing, tracking, and closing multiple Energy Services projects within time, scope, and budget and to our customers' satisfaction.
Responsibilities Include but Not Limited to:
· Responsible for managing the timely engineering, installation, start-up, and commissioning of Energy Services and Turnkey projects to meet the project scope, estimate, and the customers' satisfaction.
· Professionally prepare, document, implement, control and update all aspects of the Project Execution Plan including: Project Schedule, Budgets, Buyout, Safety Plan, Quality Plan, Communication Plan, Progress Reports, Meeting Minutes, Schedule of Values, Leading Owner Meetings, Leading Internal Meetings, Financial Forecasting, Testing/Commissioning, Punch-list, and Turnover.
· Accountable for high quality project documentation and project files within the project controls protocols.
· Coordinates project design, layout, and the preparation of plans and specifications for projects.
· Coordinates submittal preparation with internal and external engineering teams.
· Reads and understands contracts language and industry-standard terms and conditions.
· Prepares, issues and understands subcontract language and industry-standard terms and conditions.
· Manages risks on projects to assure completion on time and on budget.
· Responsible for monthly progress billings to customers and from subcontractors
· Selects and manages multiple subcontractors and suppliers as needed to execute the project.
· Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation's (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
· Approves subcontractor, vendor, and internal invoices related to assigned projects.
· Meets with contractors, building owners, subcontractors, other trades, and company staff to discuss scope of project, budgets, performance and close-out.
· Prepares meeting agenda's and leads organized, professional meeting with Owners and/or Subcontractors.
· Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
· Operates in a team-based environment by coordinating with sales and service to understand and fulfill project requirements. Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
· Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
· Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
· Ability to independently prioritize and manage time in a disciplined, productive manner.
· Maintains highest levels of ethics, trust, and personal responsibility.
· Manages subcontractors and other assigned project resources. Works with Energy Services Operations Leader on assigning internal Energy Services project support resources. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training associates.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with five to ten (5-10) years of project management or project management related experience.
· MBA, PMP or PE desirable.
· Experience in contractor-side Construction Management, General Contracting or Trade Contracting.
· Foundational knowledge of engineering and construction codes.
· Experience in commercial and institutional MEP systems.
· General HVAC knowledge (systems, equipment, installation, service)
· Project-level profit and loss (P&L) experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Project
Excellent compensation and benefits package!
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without your prior approval!