Click on any title to jump down:
ID: CM-BMADirector of Construction -Energy -
Director / Manager of Construction - (Energy Solutions) - HOME BASE / REMOTE depending on location!!!
Our client is a growth company. They also do all they can to give people the chance to grow. Their employees enjoy working at a place that offers great advancement opportunities, training, benefits and more. You'll be challenged to innovate, encouraged to apply your knowledge and well-rewarded for results.
Our client is a leader in building efficiency and Energy solutions across the US. They design and installs utility conservation solutions including water conservation, steam system, waste disposal; and lighting retrofits, for institutional, federal, industrial, and commercial facilities.
The Manager of Construction will directly manage the company’s Project Managers and Project Administrators whose responsibilities include project planning and scheduling, contract/change order management and cost accounting, design reviews and preparation of RFPs, interacting with clients, directing subcontractors and project documentation for an individual installation contract or a series of contracts and is responsible for customer satisfaction and the profit and loss for each contract.
§ Directly manages the construction delivery team consisting of Project Managers and Project Administrators
§ Directly manages construction of high profile projects as required.
§ Assigns projects and tasks among construction delivery employees based on manpower loading, employee expertise, etc.
§ Evaluates and plans for manpower loading and staff reorganizations and/or adjustments commensurate with company direction
§ Manages and reports on entire construction portfolio for certain key metrics including schedule, financial and customer service performance.
§ Manages staff to compliance with company standards including use of company-sanctioned processes and tools, ethics and standards of conduct.
§ Consistently evaluates the construction delivery processes and introduces and advocates process enhancements and tools
§ Works with Engineering and Business Development management peers to technically develop conservation projects and may directly support Business Development staff at client meetings and client site visits.
§ Negotiates the company’s transaction documents (e.g. subcontracts and purchase orders) with subcontractors and vendors
§ Provides QA/QC on certain key process documents issued by staff including contract scopes of work, close out documents and reports, key customer communication, etc.
§ Helps construction delivery employees to identify construction project issues and gets personally involved in resolving these issues as appropriate.
§ Works to develop relationships with key vendors and suppliers as well as other firms which may engage with the company during the development of projects.
§ Performs accurate cost at completion forecasts, cash flow analysis, and earned value analysis.
§ 40-50% estimated travel
§ Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager for construction contracts, design build, or equivalent utilities and/or infrastructure contracting. Proven experience with concurrent projects up to million size range.
§ Experience in the direct supervision of three or more construction management professionals with department/business unit accountability.
§ Management Skills and qualities including: effective delegation and follow-through, productive involvement in business meetings including chairing the meetings, effective development and delivery of presentations to a wide range of audiences, ability to firmly grasp the larger picture and organize accordingly, etc.
§ BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, with strong knowledge of buildings systems, e.g.
§ Proven project management track record, utility/infrastructure or Performance Contracting experience desired.
§ Contracting business experience required including a demonstrated proficiency in contract law, standard construction documentation protocols, etc.
§ Experience in managing and reporting multi-project portfolios with all relevant measurements – including revenue/earned value analysis, cash flow, schedule, customer satisfaction.
§ Demonstrated excellence in the areas of written and oral communication
§ Intermediate-Expert skills in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
§ Ability to read and analyze technical specifications and drawings, AutoCAD experience preferred.
§ Ability to function in a team environment.
Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point),
project manager, project management, PM, Sr. PM, construction manager, site manager, assistant project manager, building automation systems, water conservation, energy management systems, Lighting, EMS, controls, upgrades, retrofitting, renovations, General Contracting,
For More information or Confidential Consideration on this opening or other nationwide openings, please send resume to Mark Dillon at email@example.com
ID: PM-HBProject Manager - Homebase
Our client is considered an industry leader as an Energy / Water and Wastewater cost reduction measures. Our Client has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager - Energy Service in the northern mid-west US.
This person can be located anywhere in eastern US and can be HOMEBASED but does requires 40% to 80% travel to work sites in the territory. Access to a major airport required. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA.
Our Client often acts as a subcontractor to ESCO's and other prime contractors to provide water and energy services. In this subcontractor capacity they serve several markets.
- Federal facilities (ESPC and UESC)
- Scientific and medical research
- K-12 and higher education
Our Clients team develops complex projects that extend far beyond the standard water conservation scope. That is why there is one of the nation's recognized leaders in providing "out of the box" water/wastewater cost reduction measures. These include:
- Water Conservation
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment and pre-treatment
- Recovery and re-use
- Alternate supply: ground and surface water sources, treated effluent, etc.
- Distribution systems
- Other custom-engineered solutions
- Run projects from start to finish. Projects range in size between K to M
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedule.
- Meet with clients to co-manage projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
- Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections.
- Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontract.
- Project/construction management experience with commercial projects
- BS in mechanical, electrical, civil, construction preferred
- Ideal Background with running Energy / water related Projects.
- Ability to run projects from soup to nuts, submittals, change orders, etc.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability take the project from contract signing to final completion
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point)
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. All information will not be release unless prior approval!!
KEY WORDS: project manager, project management, PM, Sr. PM, construction manager, site manager, assistant project manager, waste/water, lighting, water conservation, energy management systems, EMS, retrofitting, renovations, General Contracting, mechanical contracting