Click on any title to jump down:
ID: EST-TXProject Estimator – Building Automation
Our Client is a leading global provider of energy management, building control, security system solutions. They are a Fortune 100 company and a leader in the multi-billion dollar North American market for products, systems and services that automate facility infrastructures and ensure their energy efficiency. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, the Building Automation division has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management.
This client has an excellent opportunity for a Project Estimator – Building Automation
located in Austin, TX
- Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work, and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations.
- Collects information from other functions, vendors, subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed.
- Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams.
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for building automation solutions and services.
- Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales.
- Manages bid project take-offs, interprets of specifications, and develops of bill of materials (BOM).
- May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
- Completes research activities on Dodge On-Line and informs sales team(s) to promote understanding of project scopes, phases and timing.
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry.
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order.
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
- Supports Lunch-and-Learn activities with engineers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering preferred. (High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school equivalency exam is the minimum education requirement.)
- Required experience: Three years of building automation or mechanical systems experience required.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Must be able to read plans/specs.
- Excellent English verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience using an Estimating/Quoting system.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. No information will be released without prior approval!!