Click on any title to jump down:
ID: CM-BMADirector of Construction -Energy -
Director / Manager of Construction - (Energy Solutions) - HOME BASE / REMOTE depending on location!!!
Our client is a growth company. They also do all they can to give people the chance to grow. Their employees enjoy working at a place that offers great advancement opportunities, training, benefits and more. You'll be challenged to innovate, encouraged to apply your knowledge and well-rewarded for results.
Our client is a leader in building efficiency and Energy solutions across the US. They design and installs utility conservation solutions including water conservation, steam system, waste disposal; and lighting retrofits, for institutional, federal, industrial, and commercial facilities.
The Manager of Construction will directly manage the company’s Project Managers and Project Administrators whose responsibilities include project planning and scheduling, contract/change order management and cost accounting, design reviews and preparation of RFPs, interacting with clients, directing subcontractors and project documentation for an individual installation contract or a series of contracts and is responsible for customer satisfaction and the profit and loss for each contract.
§ Directly manages the construction delivery team consisting of Project Managers and Project Administrators
§ Directly manages construction of high profile projects as required.
§ Assigns projects and tasks among construction delivery employees based on manpower loading, employee expertise, etc.
§ Evaluates and plans for manpower loading and staff reorganizations and/or adjustments commensurate with company direction
§ Manages and reports on entire construction portfolio for certain key metrics including schedule, financial and customer service performance.
§ Manages staff to compliance with company standards including use of company-sanctioned processes and tools, ethics and standards of conduct.
§ Consistently evaluates the construction delivery processes and introduces and advocates process enhancements and tools
§ Works with Engineering and Business Development management peers to technically develop conservation projects and may directly support Business Development staff at client meetings and client site visits.
§ Negotiates the company’s transaction documents (e.g. subcontracts and purchase orders) with subcontractors and vendors
§ Provides QA/QC on certain key process documents issued by staff including contract scopes of work, close out documents and reports, key customer communication, etc.
§ Helps construction delivery employees to identify construction project issues and gets personally involved in resolving these issues as appropriate.
§ Works to develop relationships with key vendors and suppliers as well as other firms which may engage with the company during the development of projects.
§ Performs accurate cost at completion forecasts, cash flow analysis, and earned value analysis.
§ 40-50% estimated travel
§ Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager for construction contracts, design build, or equivalent utilities and/or infrastructure contracting. Proven experience with concurrent projects up to million size range.
§ Experience in the direct supervision of three or more construction management professionals with department/business unit accountability.
§ Management Skills and qualities including: effective delegation and follow-through, productive involvement in business meetings including chairing the meetings, effective development and delivery of presentations to a wide range of audiences, ability to firmly grasp the larger picture and organize accordingly, etc.
§ BS Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, with strong knowledge of buildings systems, e.g.
§ Proven project management track record, utility/infrastructure or Performance Contracting experience desired.
§ Contracting business experience required including a demonstrated proficiency in contract law, standard construction documentation protocols, etc.
§ Experience in managing and reporting multi-project portfolios with all relevant measurements – including revenue/earned value analysis, cash flow, schedule, customer satisfaction.
§ Demonstrated excellence in the areas of written and oral communication
§ Intermediate-Expert skills in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
§ Ability to read and analyze technical specifications and drawings, AutoCAD experience preferred.
§ Ability to function in a team environment.
Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point),
project manager, project management, PM, Sr. PM, construction manager, site manager, assistant project manager, building automation systems, water conservation, energy management systems, Lighting, EMS, controls, upgrades, retrofitting, renovations, General Contracting,
For More information or Confidential Consideration on this opening or other nationwide openings, please send resume to Mark Dillon at email@example.com
ID: LI PM DEV - PALighting Project Manager / Developer
Our client is an expanding energy services company that helps businesses, primarily in the Northeast, determine appropriate cost-effective turnkey solutions and financing for achieving energy efficiency in their facilities. Due to recent expansion they are seeking to hire a Lighting Retrofit Project Manager / Developer to assist in the development and management of a rapidly accelerating portfolio of energy efficiency project opportunities.
- Perform detailed and comprehensive facility-wide lighting audits.
- Identify and gather requisite data for preliminary, feasibility-level assessment of HVAC/mechanical upgrade opportunities.
- Assist sales and engineering personnel in the design and development of lighting project specifications and cost/benefit analyses, and proposal generation.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and subcontracted resources for project implementation.
- Manage project implementation from beginning to end.
- Schedule and participate in utility inspections as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability and 3+ years of experience in energy efficiency audits. Lighting auditing and design experience is a must, and HVAC/mechanical audit experience is a plus.
- Ability to design LED lighting and controls projects and assist with specifications and pricing for proposal generation.
- Experience inf fully managing large turnkey lighting retrofit projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent customer service and both written/oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage many details and multi-task.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please send your resume for consideration. All information will be kept in strict confidence and will not be released to any other entities without your specific approval.
BS, BSEE, BSME preferred
ASHRAE 1 & 2
ID: PM-HBProject Manager - Homebase
Our client is considered an industry leader as an Energy / Water and Wastewater cost reduction measures. Our Client has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager - Energy Service in the northern mid-west US.
This person can be located anywhere in eastern US and can be HOMEBASED but does requires 40% to 80% travel to work sites in the territory. Access to a major airport required. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA.
Our Client often acts as a subcontractor to ESCO's and other prime contractors to provide water and energy services. In this subcontractor capacity they serve several markets.
- Federal facilities (ESPC and UESC)
- Scientific and medical research
- K-12 and higher education
Our Clients team develops complex projects that extend far beyond the standard water conservation scope. That is why there is one of the nation's recognized leaders in providing "out of the box" water/wastewater cost reduction measures. These include:
- Water Conservation
- Water treatment
- Wastewater treatment and pre-treatment
- Recovery and re-use
- Alternate supply: ground and surface water sources, treated effluent, etc.
- Distribution systems
- Other custom-engineered solutions
- Run projects from start to finish. Projects range in size between K to M
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedule.
- Meet with clients to co-manage projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects.
- Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders.
- Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections.
- Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontract.
- Project/construction management experience with commercial projects
- BS in mechanical, electrical, civil, construction preferred
- Ideal Background with running Energy / water related Projects.
- Ability to run projects from soup to nuts, submittals, change orders, etc.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability take the project from contract signing to final completion
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point)
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. All information will not be release unless prior approval!!
KEY WORDS: project manager, project management, PM, Sr. PM, construction manager, site manager, assistant project manager, waste/water, lighting, water conservation, energy management systems, EMS, retrofitting, renovations, General Contracting, mechanical contracting
ID: PM ES NCProject Manager- Energy Services
Our client is passionate about inspiring progress around the world. They advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Their employees and brands work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. They are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
Our client has a new exciting opportunity to join their organization as a Project Manager. As a Project Manager, you will manage all aspects of mechanical contracting projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. You will also be responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of Turnkey Mechanical and Energy Services, lighting and chiller plant projects and accountable for assigned project's scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examine and review contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Able to take project from: taking the job package from sales, meeting with customer, walking the job, scheduling, arranging & managing subcontractors, setting expectation's, keeping project on budget to client turnover
- Establish an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Create and revise project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation's (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Support the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposals.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of five (5) years' of HVAC project management experience with Mechanical DDC, Lighting, Chiller Plants etc.
- Controls experience is preferred but not required
- Large scale Applied Project experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple technicians, engineers, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally
Please send your resume for consideration. All information will be kept in strict confidence and will not be released to any other entities without your specific approval.
BSME, BSEE , BS Construction Management preferred
ID: SR PM NJSenior Project Manager - Mechanical
Our client is one of the top Energy Service Companies in the US working in the energy optimization / performance contracting arena. This company works to help customers identify, integrate and implement comprehensive energy, technology and infrastructure solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and promote security and sustainability.
They are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their northeast regional team based primarily in New Jersey. This person will coordinate all aspects of project execution, ensuring a smooth transition from the design phase to the installation and on-going service and support phase of the completed project. This includes advising and assisting the Account Executive in estimating and managing the account, conferring with engineering personnel on technical information, procuring and managing outside contractors, scheduling project phases and training customers' maintenance personnel. The Project Manager acts as the primary point of contact for all internal personnel, external contractors, subcontractors, and customer agents to coordinate all aspects of project installation. This individual ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and that customers are satisfied with both the installation and the end result.
- Coordinate with Account Executive to ensure that prompt and accurate estimates and pricing are achieved and consistent with project goals
- Develop and maintain ongoing contact with the customer to schedule and coordinate all work performed and to ensure clear and consistent communication about the projects progress, costs and training
- Assist engineers in obtaining quotes from outside mechanical, electrical, and construction contractors and vendors; choose appropriate contractors and vendors for each project; issue contracts; schedule and manage all contractor and subcontractor work and ensure on time arrival of all project equipment and supplies
- Coordinate with company Management, Finance and Accounting support groups to ensure project is on track and cost objectives are met
- Collaborate with Project Accountant to review Project Metrics
- Monitor labor, materials, project modifications and work completion and make changes as necessary to ensure achievement of project objectives within cost and time constraints
- Work with Mechanical / HVAC / temperature controls contractors to ensure systems, software and control strategies achieve project goals
- Oversee all aspects of project installation
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective project work force, providing training and supervision for each member assigned to the project and coordinating team member activities to meet project objectives
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all OSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of all changes in federal, state, and local safety regulations and company policies as they pertain to the project installation and implement system changes as required
- Analyze project costs and work with accounting and finance departments to determine customer billing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five to Twenty years experience in construction industry.
- strong working knowledge and field experience of Mechanical / HVAC / controls systems
- Experience with project development, directing project teams, developing schedules, budgets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal, written and personal communication skills
- Strong ability to compile, synthesize and explain technical information
- Preferred, experience in Performance contracting
Estimated regional travel: 20%
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!