Click on any title to jump down:
ID: EE-AlbanyNYEnergy Engineer - Albany NY
Our client is a Nationally ranked engineering and Architectural design firm and is looking for and Energy / Design Engineer - ALBANY NY with experience in Energy auditing or related industry engineering experience and knowledge in the design of large and complex mechanical equipment.
Responsibilities include Energy Engineering of Energy Services programs as well as surveying a wide variety of facilities and processes (industrial, commercial, institutional) for energy conservation opportunities and energy analysis and modeling, followed by designing and implementing recommended retrofits.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide energy analysis and engineering services on projects assigned by the Energy Services Division Manager. Provide support and act as technical resource on energy related issues to internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Independently perform preliminary and investment grade building energy audits/surveys; identify Energy Efficient Measures (EEM's); develop and perform energy & cost savings calculations, estimated cost to implement and simple payback.
Perform energy savings calculations using spreadsheet analysis, bin-hour analysis, or other similar tools and assist junior staff in performing these functions.
Develop cost estimates for implementation of EEM's based on published data (RS Means) or vendor quotes.
Prepare detailed reports identifying conservation measures, summarizing energy calculations, energy and cost savings, simple payback, and utility incentives.
Maintain proficiency with eQuest, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP and/or other energy estimating software packages to determine energy savings for more complex systems or from a whole building analysis.
Maintain a solid understanding of various building mechanical systems and their relevant application to building types.
Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency in buildings under design and construction.
Review and discuss technical elements of energy-consuming equipment in a facility (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, etc.) and how it affects utility consumption and demand.
Assist Division Manager in the preparation of proposals, developing scopes of work, fees and budgetary cost estimates for projects and implementation of project work scopes.
Serve as Energy Engineer on energy projects with responsibility for the coordination of project scope, staff, schedule, budget, quality and client requirements.
Serve as a Technical Resource/Energy Consultant to clients/potential clients including building owners, developers, architects, engineers, and contractors to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance.
Correspond with clients for all project technical and administrative needs.
Maintain complete and accurate project information/files through close-out.
Maintain knowledge of and conform to Corporate Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and assure the Division Manager and/or Vice President review the documents of all projects at key milestones.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college
minimum of 5-15 years of Energy Engineering and or HVAC / Mechanical Design / Consulting experience.
Proficient in use of energy savings estimating tools. Proficient in using energy savings estimating software, such as eQuest, Trane Trace and Carrier HAP. Understands various building mechanical and electrical systems and their relevant application to building types.
An EIT License and or P.E. License is Strongly Preferred, CEM certification is also desired.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
To view a complete list of our nationwide career opportunities, please go to our web site: www.natek.com
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. All information will not be release unless prior approval!!
CEM Certified Energy Manager
CEP Certified Energy Procurement Professional
P.E. Professional Engineer
Energy Audit Analysis Efficiency Sustainability
Hospitals, Universities, State, Municipalities, Government, Schools, K-12, HUGs
LEED, LEED AP, LEED GA
ID: RWSE VASenior Mechanical Engineer III
Senior Mechanical Engineer III
This position is located in Arlington, VA
Our Client Company is a very distinguished and innovative engineering firm. The right individual will be outgoing and results-driven with a great mindset for teamwork. With this team, you will enjoy working in a place that offers continued professional development, great benefits, creative freedom, and a company culture that is unmatched by its competitors.
General Position Description: Mechanical engineer with 5-10 years of experience in building HVAC systems calculations, equipment selections, design and construction administration. Able to work independently to complete mechanical systems designs with oversight from senior engineering staff. Manage small to mid-size projects on a day-to-day basis. Ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a Project Managers Role.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Perform and document engineering calculations. Calculations are to be saved to the project folder and need to be traceable by anyone.
- Design your discipline's systems utilizing Revit, AutoCAD or pdf/hard copy. Provide mark ups or clear directions for others to draft/design.
- Apply institutional knowledge and templates to expedite repetitive company tasks/engineering analysis.
- Contribute to project binder (electronic and hard copy).
- Maintain company reputation by complying with company standards and Code requirements (ex. VUSBC, LEED).
- Contribute to cost estimating, cost estimate reviews, and value engineering.
- Become familiar with and review/edit the project specifications.
- QA/QC your own work and the work of others in your discipline in electronic and printed form.
- Meet and track the allocated hours for each task/phase/project.
- Coordinate with other engineers, disciplines, etc. in order to complete the project efficiently.
- Perform construction administration duties (RFI responses, sketches, PCO review, site visits, punch lists, field reports, etc.).
- Be proficient in the current software(s) packages/programs in use.
Small Project Management (15%):
- Coordinate with project managers/group leads on project goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Handle day-to-day oversight of project schedule/progress and milestones.
- Review and meet project deliverables and schedule.
- Maintain quality and content control of the project design, drawings and specifications.
- Provide status updates and recommend actions for project design team.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, sequencing project elements and resolving problems.
Lead and Manage Staff (15%):
- Lead the team effort by providing and distributing information to the staff engineers and production staff as needed and gathered throughout the project in a timely manner, in order for the project to be efficiently completed.
- Maintain positive working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assist in training new and junior employees in good design practices and standards.
Professional Development (5%):
- Update job and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Pursue and maintain professional certifications to show continued growth.
- Ensure that your hours are submitted accurately and on time.
- Maintain a current work plan detailing tasks for each project you are working on.
Business Development (5%):
- Attend client coordination meetings as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with current clients.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in engineering and 5-10 years of engineering experience.
- Must be able to work well on a team.
- Must be willing to visit job sites.
- Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Willing to submit to a background check; due to amount of education and government work performed.
Excellent Salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without consent!
ID: EE - ES PASr. Energy Engineer / Leader - Energy Solutions
Our client is a global market leader in Energy Services with over 130,000 employees in over 150 countries. They are an industrial leader working to improve communities through creating intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions and integrated infrastructure.
We are seeking a qualified applicant for an Senior Energy Engineer / Leader with the following responsibilities:
Under general direction, participates as a leader of the Development Team to achieve department and project objectives on large projects. Leads engineering, process or financial tasks during both preliminary & detailed development phases of projects. Supports the team in achieving business goals by following the Solutions Playbook and Best Business Practices methodology. Performs high level analysis, promotes project quality and innovative scope to support closing bundled Performance Contract sales. Supports engineering, process or financial tasks during solution design or during detailed development on large complex projects. Responsible to establish an ongoing partnership with the customer on assigned projects. Leads and mentors Development Engineer I personnel.
- Provides technical, process or financial support to the Development team lead and/or Solutions Design Specialist during the design process. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
- Leads preliminary data collection, auditing and modeling efforts for assigned opportunities. Leads or supports detailed development of projects up to million in total scope. Validates assumptions made during solution design. Builds a detailed development budget and schedule. Works with operations team and outside partners to develop project estimate and scope of work, as well as energy savings and financial models (ROI). Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents. Utilizes specialized functional expertise as a development team member. Acts as domain expert for at least one functional domain.
- Understands the full range of the company offerings and their applications in customer solutions. Devises multiple offerings to meet specific program requirements as identified by the Solutions Design Specialist.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of multiple components of the bundled sale.
- Performs detailed engineering or financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
- Provides risk analysis for the complete solution.
- Presents to technical buyer as required. Assists in presentations to economic buyers or C-level clients.
- Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
- Responsibility for creating and managing budgets, timelines, and quality of assigned opportunities.
- Utilizes document management tools and standard company development processes to perform tasks. Will mentor others to maintain high quality work flow and compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as customer facility technical managers.
- Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
- Mentors less experienced Program Development staff.
- Provide post-contract design review support.
- Actively participates in relevant professional organizations, takes on leads roles within those organizations.
- Maintains relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Professional Engineering license).
- Responsible for the promotion and adherence of the company safety policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Masters in Engineering, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of eight to ten years experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modeling, construction or facility management
- Experience in performing building modeling preferred
- CEM Certification required, LEED AP preferred
- PE license preferred
- Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in a minimum of 10 Facility Improvement Measures required
- Demonstrated vertical market expertise required
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects
- Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams, work effectively with others, drive for results, focus on the customer, and acts ethically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations
- Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Solutions Architect, Whole Building Modeling and energy benchmarking tools
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!!
BSME, BSEE + Experience
PE Professional Engineer
CEM Certified Energy Manager
Facilities Planning and Design