Click on any title to jump down:
Engineering Manager/Senior Mechanical Engineer – HVAC Design
This position is located in the Southeast Pennsylvania - Suburban Philadelphia region
Our client is seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated and client-focused Engineering Manager/Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join a growing team of professionals. This company specializes in providing customized planning and project-related consulting, management and owner representation services – integrating the intricate processes of planning, funding, design, construction and ongoing facility operations.
The Engineering Manager/Sr. Mechanical Engineer serves as a technical specialist and would be responsible for developing and applying advanced engineering concepts in their approach to engineering projects related to the principles and design of mechanical and HVAC systems. Their role will include client interactions and building client relationships, making independent decisions on technical issues, and management of jr. mechanical engineers. Involved in managing projects of various size and scale that are on-time, on-budget and in line with exceeding client expectations. Other projects and duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Oversee mechanical design projects from start to finish.
- Work with team in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Managing budgets and minimizing exposure and risk on project designs.
- Ensure that design activities move according to schedule.
- Maintain strict adherence to the quality and safety standards.
- Perform on-site construction administration activities.
- Ensure design documents are complete.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto the client.
- Represent the company and its clients in a professional and ethical manner in all duties and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- P.E. strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of direct, construction industry experience.
- Experience in the HVAC industry is preferred.
- Good communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work on a wide range of projects.
- Team player and a strong self-starter is a must.
- Management experience a plus.
- Experience working with K-12 school districts preferred.
- Interest and project experience in energy field preferred.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites as required and must hold a current driver’s license.
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without your prior approval!
ID: JPE - HVAC PAJr Project Engineer - HVAC
Our client is over 50 years old and has grown from a small company to one of the region's premier contractors by not only growing but also changing services needed by their clients keeping them diverse in their offerings.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
· Responsible for all phases of the design, programming and commissioning of building automation systems.
· Independently performs all engineering tasks on at least 8 projects (preferably of ,000 to 0,000) including: project management; design; sequence of operations; controller software; front end hardware set up; all front-end software creation and set up; system functional testing; customer training; and job commissioning.
· Performs job reconciliation of at least four projects that are at least ,000 or larger as acting project manager.
· Meets all project deadlines and works within budget hours.
· Assists in creating/editing customer graphics, schedules, alarms, reports and front end related programs for building automation systems.
· Installs customer graphics at site as required
Occasionally can performs design and project management or programming and project management on at least two jobs, preferably 0,000 or larger.
· BS ME or EE, with AutoCAD, ideal but not required Tridium and/or Niagara AX certified.
· Three to seven-years' experience
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
· Intermediate knowledge of BAS programming.
· Intermediate knowledge of drafting software (preferably AutoCAD or Visio)
· Basic programming experience (Visual Basic, Fortran, C++, Pascal)
· Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
· Excellent human relations and communication skills
· Ability to think and make decisions independently within the guidelines provided. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Medical, dental, vision, additional medical option, 401k plus match, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, additional life, tuition reimbursement, phone, laptop, IRS mileage reimbursement.
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without your prior approval!
ID: LI SL DV - NCLighting Solutions Developer - Estimator
Lighting Solutions Developer - Estimator
This position is located in Greensboro, NC
Our client is a leading provider of multi-measure energy efficiency projects with over 0 million of engineered, installed and commissioned projects. The company’s energy efficiency products and services include lighting and controls, HVAC/mechanical, electrical, building envelope, water conservation, distributed generation, and renewables.
We are currently seeking a Lighting Solutions Developer. This person will be responsible for working with the Field Solutions team to generate energy savings proposals for regional and national lighting projects. The Solutions Developer role is to review and evaluate the provided survey data, analyze lighting designs, specify materials, estimate costs and energy savings, and prepare a final proposal and written summary for submittal.
High degree of competency with Microsoft Office, Excel and general math skills.
Experience in the lighting retrofit field. CAD and/or electrical estimating skills a plus.
Strong written and oral communication, reasoning and problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and in team environment.
Must be task-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines, and pay close attention to detail.
This company invests in high-value and cost-effective benefits for their employees, and regularly reviews those benefits to ensure they remain competitive and continue to meet the diverse needs of the employees. The benefits package includes:
- Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Health savings account
By joining this company, you’ll be joining the team that is inventing America’s energy future through an industry-leading commitment to innovation. The 1,000 employees make a difference —every day — in the lives of their customers. Developing employees and helping them reach their full potential is a top priority of this company. Their philosophy is simple: They know highly skilled and engaged employees are the key to success, and believe investing in them is an investment in the future success of the company.
Please send your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!!
ID: RWSE VASenior Mechanical Engineer III
Senior Mechanical Engineer III
This position is located in Arlington, VA
Our Client Company is a very distinguished and innovative engineering firm. The right individual will be outgoing and results-driven with a great mindset for teamwork. With this team, you will enjoy working in a place that offers continued professional development, great benefits, creative freedom, and a company culture that is unmatched by its competitors.
General Position Description: Mechanical engineer with 5-10 years of experience in building HVAC systems calculations, equipment selections, design and construction administration. Able to work independently to complete mechanical systems designs with oversight from senior engineering staff. Manage small to mid-size projects on a day-to-day basis. Ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into a Project Managers Role.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Perform and document engineering calculations. Calculations are to be saved to the project folder and need to be traceable by anyone.
- Design your discipline's systems utilizing Revit, AutoCAD or pdf/hard copy. Provide mark ups or clear directions for others to draft/design.
- Apply institutional knowledge and templates to expedite repetitive company tasks/engineering analysis.
- Contribute to project binder (electronic and hard copy).
- Maintain company reputation by complying with company standards and Code requirements (ex. VUSBC, LEED).
- Contribute to cost estimating, cost estimate reviews, and value engineering.
- Become familiar with and review/edit the project specifications.
- QA/QC your own work and the work of others in your discipline in electronic and printed form.
- Meet and track the allocated hours for each task/phase/project.
- Coordinate with other engineers, disciplines, etc. in order to complete the project efficiently.
- Perform construction administration duties (RFI responses, sketches, PCO review, site visits, punch lists, field reports, etc.).
- Be proficient in the current software(s) packages/programs in use.
Small Project Management (15%):
- Coordinate with project managers/group leads on project goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Handle day-to-day oversight of project schedule/progress and milestones.
- Review and meet project deliverables and schedule.
- Maintain quality and content control of the project design, drawings and specifications.
- Provide status updates and recommend actions for project design team.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, sequencing project elements and resolving problems.
Lead and Manage Staff (15%):
- Lead the team effort by providing and distributing information to the staff engineers and production staff as needed and gathered throughout the project in a timely manner, in order for the project to be efficiently completed.
- Maintain positive working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assist in training new and junior employees in good design practices and standards.
Professional Development (5%):
- Update job and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Pursue and maintain professional certifications to show continued growth.
- Ensure that your hours are submitted accurately and on time.
- Maintain a current work plan detailing tasks for each project you are working on.
Business Development (5%):
- Attend client coordination meetings as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with current clients.
- Must have at least a Bachelor's degree in engineering and 5-10 years of engineering experience.
- Must be able to work well on a team.
- Must be willing to visit job sites.
- Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Willing to submit to a background check; due to amount of education and government work performed.
Excellent Salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without consent!
ID: EE - ES PASr. Energy Engineer / Leader - Energy Solutions
Our client is a global market leader in Energy Services with over 130,000 employees in over 150 countries. They are an industrial leader working to improve communities through creating intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions and integrated infrastructure.
We are seeking a qualified applicant for an Senior Energy Engineer / Leader with the following responsibilities:
Under general direction, participates as a leader of the Development Team to achieve department and project objectives on large projects. Leads engineering, process or financial tasks during both preliminary & detailed development phases of projects. Supports the team in achieving business goals by following the Solutions Playbook and Best Business Practices methodology. Performs high level analysis, promotes project quality and innovative scope to support closing bundled Performance Contract sales. Supports engineering, process or financial tasks during solution design or during detailed development on large complex projects. Responsible to establish an ongoing partnership with the customer on assigned projects. Leads and mentors Development Engineer I personnel.
- Provides technical, process or financial support to the Development team lead and/or Solutions Design Specialist during the design process. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
- Leads preliminary data collection, auditing and modeling efforts for assigned opportunities. Leads or supports detailed development of projects up to million in total scope. Validates assumptions made during solution design. Builds a detailed development budget and schedule. Works with operations team and outside partners to develop project estimate and scope of work, as well as energy savings and financial models (ROI). Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents. Utilizes specialized functional expertise as a development team member. Acts as domain expert for at least one functional domain.
- Understands the full range of the company offerings and their applications in customer solutions. Devises multiple offerings to meet specific program requirements as identified by the Solutions Design Specialist.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the development of multiple components of the bundled sale.
- Performs detailed engineering or financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
- Provides risk analysis for the complete solution.
- Presents to technical buyer as required. Assists in presentations to economic buyers or C-level clients.
- Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
- Responsibility for creating and managing budgets, timelines, and quality of assigned opportunities.
- Utilizes document management tools and standard company development processes to perform tasks. Will mentor others to maintain high quality work flow and compliance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as customer facility technical managers.
- Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
- Mentors less experienced Program Development staff.
- Provide post-contract design review support.
- Actively participates in relevant professional organizations, takes on leads roles within those organizations.
- Maintains relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Professional Engineering license).
- Responsible for the promotion and adherence of the company safety policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Masters in Engineering, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of eight to ten years experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modeling, construction or facility management
- Experience in performing building modeling preferred
- CEM Certification required, LEED AP preferred
- PE license preferred
- Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in a minimum of 10 Facility Improvement Measures required
- Demonstrated vertical market expertise required
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects
- Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams, work effectively with others, drive for results, focus on the customer, and acts ethically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations
- Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Solutions Architect, Whole Building Modeling and energy benchmarking tools
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!!
BSME, BSEE + Experience
PE Professional Engineer
CEM Certified Energy Manager
Facilities Planning and Design