Click on any title to jump down:
ID: SM-HVAC-MDConstruction Sales Manager- HVAC
Capital Heights, MD
Construction Sales Manager – HVAC Control Systems
This position is located in Washington, DC or Northern VA. Area.
Our Client is a world class employer with over 140,000 employees in 125 countries. They are a global market leader in Building Efficiency and Energy Solutions creating innovative solutions to make cities more connected and buildings more intelligent.
We are currently seeking a qualified applicant for a Construction Sales Manager - HVAC. This person will be responsible to lead the HVAC business by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration. The Construction Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and directing the service sales force in selling service offerings including planned service agreements, controls, fire and mechanical retrofits, operation & maintenance, and labor & materials to the local Controls, Fire and Mechanical service market.
The Construction Sales Manager is responsible for hiring, coaching & developing sales people. They control selling expenses and manage resources to improve the profit position. The Construction Sales Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategically important customers including target owners, architects, consulting engineers and contractors to influence opportunities.
Manages assigned building technologies and solutions sales portfolio to maximize secured sales, return on assets, revenue, and growth objectives.
Increases market penetration in local business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base business at key, target, managed and maintained owner accounts.
Manages qualification and assessing potential customers and opportunities.
Consistently seeks to expand the scope of business with owners. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all appropriate accounts.
Analyzes the market and current business performance.
Understands the business environment of local markets including competition, purchasing and business trends.
Accountable for integration of service sales and operational team activity within assigned staffing geography.
Builds and fosters a team environment within and across geographies.
Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
Evaluates the company's local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues and allocates resources as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
Participates as the management team representative on strategically important target accounts.
Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
Reviews bids and estimates for accuracy and oversees bid preparation and operational review meetings.
Working with the Branch Management Team, ensures company standards, processes, and tools are used and applied.
Ensures the development and training of the sales workforce on established processes, tools, and standards.
Fosters teaming environment between the different selling segments to maximize all our resources in the geography.
Consistent with the branch business plan, provides sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals.
Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
Executes the sales staffing plan for the assigned local geography.
Working with the Branch Management team, recruits, hires, and retains sales force.
Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly ‘one-on-one(s)’, observed and unobserved calls, field opportunity reviews, and financial reviews.
Directs performance management of sales personnel.
Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and leads the local office with the highest business ethics.
- Bachelor’s in engineering, business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- 5 - 8 years progressively responsible sales and/or operational experience in building systems, products and services.
- 3 years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package!
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!!
ID: GM PS TXGeneral Manager, Energy Solutions
Our client is one of the top Energy Service Companies in the US working in the energy optimization arena. This company works to help customers identify, integrate and implement comprehensive energy, technology and infrastructure solutions that drive revenue, reduce costs and promote security and sustainability.
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join the Performance Contracting team as a General Manager /VP, working in Texas and the West, reporting to the Senior Vice President. The General Manager / VP assists the Senior Vice President in developing primary goals, operating plans, policies, and short and long-term range objectives for their business unit as well as the organization as a whole.
This position directs and coordinates activities to achieve profit and return on capital for his/her individual business unit(s). The General Manager establishes organizational structure and delegates tasks and authority to subordinates. This person leads the organization toward objectives, meets with and advises other executives, and reviews results of the business operations. The General Manager represents the company to the community, customers, government agencies and the public.
- Responsible for the strategic planning process for a Region resulting in establishment of short and long term planning, profitability targets and regional contribution to company growth
- Responsible for the creation and documentation of Region’s strategic plan, including the creation of strategic, tactical, and financial plans; developing goals and measuring performance against goals; organizational development; liaison to the public, government, affiliated organizations
- Participate in the development of the company's plans to achieve short and long term growth objectives
- Accountable for Regional P&L, ensuring adherence with operating budgets
- Develop and regularly monitor appropriate performance metrics, financial forecasts, and other metrics to evaluate operations and identify areas for improvement, reporting findings to the Executive team
- Provide leadership to all regional staff and operations on a day-to-day basis, leading by example with clear alignment to company objectives and culture
- Monitor competitors to identify industry trends and new business opportunities
- Develop employees through performance reviews and frequent discussions regarding competencies, value alignment, employee development and results achieved
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all day-to-day operations, as well as adherence to existing Company policies and procedures
- Accountable for maintaining appropriate staffing levels to meet business objectives.
- Engage in the Talent Acquisition and Development activities for the Business Unit
- Demonstrates personal integrity, teamwork and alignment to all corporate values.
- Develops employees through performance reviews and routine discussions regarding competencies, value alignment, and results achieved
- Contributes to overall establishment of the company's strategies and objectives
- Sets and communicates clear performance objectives for employees, ensuring that objectives are understood
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ related experience in energy services/performance contracting industry
- Five (5) years of direct management experience
- Experience must include direct management of sales and operations employees along with full P & L responsibility, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), and problem solving skills
- Ability to proficiently operate Microsoft Office suite applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all types of people
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and mechanical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with both abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to assist employees in understanding project objectives and specifications and seeing the other side of an issue
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at the company, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!
BS, BSME, BSEE
P & L