Click on any title to jump down:
ID: SM-HVAC-MDConstruction Sales Manager- HVAC
Capital Heights, MD
Construction Sales Manager – HVAC Control Systems
This position is located in Washington, DC or Northern VA. Area.
Our Client is a world class employer with over 140,000 employees in 125 countries. They are a global market leader in Building Efficiency and Energy Solutions creating innovative solutions to make cities more connected and buildings more intelligent.
We are currently seeking a qualified applicant for a Construction Sales Manager - HVAC. This person will be responsible to lead the HVAC business by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration. The Construction Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and directing the service sales force in selling service offerings including planned service agreements, controls, fire and mechanical retrofits, operation & maintenance, and labor & materials to the local Controls, Fire and Mechanical service market.
The Construction Sales Manager is responsible for hiring, coaching & developing sales people. They control selling expenses and manage resources to improve the profit position. The Construction Sales Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategically important customers including target owners, architects, consulting engineers and contractors to influence opportunities.
Manages assigned building technologies and solutions sales portfolio to maximize secured sales, return on assets, revenue, and growth objectives.
Increases market penetration in local business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base business at key, target, managed and maintained owner accounts.
Manages qualification and assessing potential customers and opportunities.
Consistently seeks to expand the scope of business with owners. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all appropriate accounts.
Analyzes the market and current business performance.
Understands the business environment of local markets including competition, purchasing and business trends.
Accountable for integration of service sales and operational team activity within assigned staffing geography.
Builds and fosters a team environment within and across geographies.
Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
Evaluates the company's local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues and allocates resources as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
Participates as the management team representative on strategically important target accounts.
Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
Reviews bids and estimates for accuracy and oversees bid preparation and operational review meetings.
Working with the Branch Management Team, ensures company standards, processes, and tools are used and applied.
Ensures the development and training of the sales workforce on established processes, tools, and standards.
Fosters teaming environment between the different selling segments to maximize all our resources in the geography.
Consistent with the branch business plan, provides sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals.
Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
Executes the sales staffing plan for the assigned local geography.
Working with the Branch Management team, recruits, hires, and retains sales force.
Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly ‘one-on-one(s)’, observed and unobserved calls, field opportunity reviews, and financial reviews.
Directs performance management of sales personnel.
Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and leads the local office with the highest business ethics.
- Bachelor’s in engineering, business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- 5 - 8 years progressively responsible sales and/or operational experience in building systems, products and services.
- 3 years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package!
Please send us your resume for confidential consideration. Information will not be released without prior approval!!
ID: EngMGR-ALBNYEngineering Manager
Manager OF ENGINEERING / DESIGN
OUR client has an excellent opportunity in a growing office for a strong leader who is a Mechanical Engineer with some experienced in the design of Heat Transfer Equipment, HVAC, plumbing and process piping. Strong verbal and written communication skills, project mechanical management skills, a team player willing to mentor and manage junior engineers and the ability to lead the mechanical aspects of multiple projects simultaneously is required.
Job Description: We are seeking a licensed mechanical engineer to provide leadership, technical oversight, design and engineering management of our Heat Transfer Equipment design group. This individual will be an integral part of our management team, working alongside our engineering leadership, architects and project managers on a daily basis and performing tasks ranging from project management to technical design and specification.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 8 years U.S.-based design and or manufacturing experience. Experience performing engineering tasks as the lead mechanical engineer from concept design through manufacture and testing to various codes. This will include development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates. Thorough knowledge of ASME BPV code, various state and national building and energy codes and standards. Experience reviewing mechanical plans, specifications and construction documents.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Professional Engineer (PE) License Strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Highly competitive compensation package, including performance 401k Plan, Group health insurance, 50% firm-paid for employee PTO (Paid Time Off) within the first year Relocation assistance available.
The successful candidate will
- develop and implement engineering and design concepts for Heat Transfer Equipment, primarily commercial and industrial boilers (conventional, condensing designs)
- apply their thorough knowledge and understanding about the development of design documents through conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction package stages (P&IDs, distribution plans, specifications, etc.as required)
- develop Mechanical / Utility equipment and construction material lists and tasks
- provide internal assistance to sales in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction of Mechanical / Utilities scope is executed per the intent of the design, and assisting in start-up of systems when required.
- direct the activities of mechanical CAD and design support staff
- managing and developing Mechanical / Utilities scope for project budgets and schedules.
- BS in Engineering with 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency with ASME Section VIII & ASME
- Confident, never give up attitude.
- Responsible for ASME code design, piping stress analysis and material selection.
- Project engineering including preparing equipment specifications, P&ID's & coordination in a project team environment.
- Design, specification and bid evaluation of mechanical equipment and systems, including piping systems, pressure vessels, pumps, heat exchange equipment and other heat transfer equipment.
- Calling on (visiting) engineers throughout North America
- Estimating and pricing commercial projects.
- stress software &/or vessel design software a plus
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Please send us your resume for Confidential Consideration. All information will not be release unless prior approval!!
ID: ProMgr- AlbNYProduction / Process Manager – Albany, NY
Production / Process Manager – Albany, NY
This role will be responsible for coordinating, directing and managing the activities of the departments area of responsibility to ensure the most efficient and safe methods are being utilized to achieve the goals and objectives of the department while maintaining compliance with company standards and processes utilizing LEAN principles.
This position requires a willingness to learn the industry and grow into the role to take on more responsibilities. As a key member of a small team you will be integral in continuing the success and growth of the company. Must have a mechanical mind-set and have experience in coordinating process between Sales, Engineering and Production.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Applies principles of lean manufacturing to area in order to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost performance
Engages employees through teaching, training and team building activities
Schedules, conducts and physically participates in meetings related to safety, quality, delivery, cost and product problems
Establishes project priorities and assists department/area employees in problem solving
Acknowledges accomplishments of assigned responsibilities while working with employees to address safety, quality, delivery and cost issues
Addresses engineering designs related to current and future manufacturing processes and production needs
Supervises and/or personally conducts value analysis studies relative to department/area facilities and equipment needs; both present and future
Makes appropriate recommendations to management, supervises and/or prepares requests for capital equipment
Directs and manages department/area employees in time study and the establishment of productivity goals, standardization and simplification of production practices, fabrication methods and processes• Act as the interface between the internal engineering team and customers
- Effectively communicate with the sales team to accomplish tasks on a priority basis
- Follow up on outstanding proposals
- 5-15 years of either a production or process manager that has worked with Sales, engineering and production teams.
- Associates degree or higher preferred but not required
- Knowledge of the HVAC industry preferred but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (word, excel, etc)
- Willingness to learn and adapt on a daily basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills